June 3, 2015
As you can see from the poster, UNJPPI (United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel) will be holding its 2015 AGM (Annual General Meeting) in Halifax beginning with supper on August 28 and finishing with lunch on August 30. We would like you to consider joining us for this important meeting.
As you know, UNJPPI is a national United Church of Canada related network of people interested in a just solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict. This year we will gather to:
- seek ways to build our network, support each other and become more effective?
- find ways reach beyond ourselves and invite others in
- focus on how we can contribute to a just peace in Israel/Palestine, especially in the light of recent government initiatives
- strategize about how we can work with other networks and like-minded organizations
- discuss the United Church General Council meeting and how their decisions will affect us,
- develop a strategy for the fall federal election to help focus on Palestine and Israel.
We have invited two resource persons to join us. Their special interest is in Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions.
- David Wildman, the Executive Secretary of Human Rights and Racial Justice for the Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church in New York.
- Hind Awwad lives in Toronto. From her home in Ramallah she was the coordinator and spokesperson of the Boycott/Divestment/Sanctions movement of the Palestinian NGOs.
Kathy Bergen email@example.com can give you more information if you need it. Please tell her that you are able to come. Our final registration date is August 1st.
As in the past we have asked everyone to pay $500. People look for help from congregations, presbyteries, conferences for this $500. You pay for your flight up front and we are hoping we can refund the full cost of your flight. That depends on how our participants are distributed across the country.
Please register with the link provided on the poster.
The AGM Organizing Team