This following e-Petition opposing the BDS Motion is sponsored by Elizabeth May. You may sign the petition on-line on the Parliament’s e-Petition page.
PETITION TO THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
- We believe that all positions should respect international law;
- We believe that all parties in a conflict must be held to the same standard;
- We believe that violence is not a solution; and
- We wish to empower Canadians of all backgrounds to promote justice, development and peace in the Middle East, and at home in Canada.
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada,, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. reconsider and reverse its stance on the boycott of Israeli goods and services (BDS) i,e.: “condemn any and all attempts by Canadian organizations, groups or individuals to promote the BDS movement, both here at home and abroad” ;
2. advocate for a just and peaceful settlement that recognizes the legitimate rights and historical claims of the Palestinian people, as recognized by numerous United Nation Resolutions (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine)