UNJPPI is your action network, engaging United Church members and those in solidarity with the United Church to work for justice and peace in Palestine/Israel. UNJPPI has now held six national gatherings that have brought together activists and those seeking to learn more about the challenges facing peace and human rights for Palestinians and Israelis. Our network is growing. The United Church of Canada provides some financial support for these gatherings, but does not assist with the ongoing operating funds for the organizational needs of UNJPPI.
UNJPPI relies primarily on volunteers for the vast majority of our work including the members of our national coordinating committee. In November 2016, the coordinating committee developed a plan for the future work of UNJPPI and how best to structure our work. As a first step, in January 2017, we hired a part-time administrative assistant on a contract basis. This helped with administration. We also sent a representative to a couple of Conference meetings to help work with and expand our base. This work was supported by you, the members of UNJPPI. We have plans for a number of contracts to help assist with specific parts of our ongoing work. We would like to hire part time personnel to assist with,
- developing and implementing education projects reaching out to churches,
- helping prepare public advocacy materials for use by network members,
- researching additional sources of funds for the work of the network.
At our meeting in Winnipeg, those of us who gathered pledged over $4,000. We are now turning to you to ask for your support for the work on UNJPPI in the coming year as some of you have in the past. Our operating budget for 2017 is $50,700.00. We would like to raise $20,000.00 from individuals who support the work of UNJPPI.
Your support will ensure that UNJPPI continues to be the voice of action for the United Church.
This year will be especially busy as we,
- help to develop and implement the Canadian No Way to Treat a Child campaign,
- work nationally on a strategy and proposals for General Council in 2018,
- keep the membership and broader church informed of action alerts and breaking news,
- provide a well-resourced website,
- organizing tours of Palestine/Israel,
- organizing events and speakers in our regions and nationally,
- and planning a national gathering for September 2018.
|Please be as generous as you have been in the past and send your donations payable to UNJPPI and mail to:
|OR||If you would like a tax receipt, please make your cheque out to:
St. Paul’s United Church (UNJPPI)
and mail to:
If you have any questions about UNJPPI and our work please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your support for human rights and a just peace for Palestinians and Israelis alike.
Peace, Salaam, Shalom,
or send donation by e-Transfer to email@example.com